First of all we would like to thank Theo GSR for the past years, in which he nourished us all with his fine vegan cooking! Everyone that tasted this guy's kitchen skills, will agree and will know what we're talking about. He will be missed in the kitchen, that's for sure …
And just like all previous editions, all the offered food @ Ieperfest will be 100% vegan, and the used ingredients are coming from "Bio farms", as much as possible. This is one of our biggest issues in the green policy of the fest. Do you want to know why, go visit the MTM stage and find out for yourself.
The kitchen team will only work with fresh products where they possibly can, which are prepared all day long, to be sure that you get tasty, fresh and hot food. So yeah, during rush hours it might happen that you have to wait a bit before it's your turn. To shorten the queues, signs will be hung up so you can see from a distance what line to pick to get the food you want. To help us out in this matter it would also be great if you pick the right line and you have your food tickets ready when you're suddenly first in line! The volunteers on the other side of the counter will serve you even faster than the average fast food restaurant! While waiting, enjoy the great music and atmosphere; once being served, enjoy your food !!
We want you to know that the hot meals are served in our famous green plates, for which a deposit of one (1) food ticket is asked. If you bring back the plate when you’ve finished your meal, you'll get the deposit back. The same applies to the French (or even better: Belgian) fries that will be served in a re-useable tray!
· Burger: served between bread with mixed salad and lovely sauce
· Bread with a homemade spread, with fresh vegetables (every day another one, collect them all !!)
· Chili con tofu, with some nice rice & fresh vegetables (will be served 3 days long)
· Seitan stew (sounds worse than it tastes, be sure to taste it once), with potatoes and vegetables (available on Friday and Sunday)
· Gyros à la Ferm & Fameus, along with some pasta and fresh vegetables (eat it on Saturday and Sunday)
· Fries with ketchup / veganaise (vegan mayo) or the well-know homemade pepper sauce
· Various fruits (while supplies last...)
· Various pastries (while supplies last...)
· Vegan ice-cream to lick & like
Now doesn’t this sound FERM & FAMEUS? Have a good meal!