Barely one week has passed since our last update, and here we are again with some exciting news regarding Ieperfest 2012!
So far, we had announced 33 bands for the 20th anniversary edition of the festival. The reactions to the line-up so far were overwhelmingly positive, although a small amount of people still had their doubts… Let’s see if the addition of the following 8 acts changes their minds!
- CONGRESS (BE) // Triumphant return of H8000 kings CONGRESS to the stage after a hiatus of 6 years. A 20th anniversary would not be complete without the reunion of these legends. This will be the only summer festival appearance of the band and their first show in years, so don’t miss out!
- DARKEST HOUR (US) // Solid melodic death metal/metalcore act founded in Washington DC 17 years ago. DARKEST HOUR recently toured Europe in support of MACHINE HEAD. Heavily influenced by European metal acts such as AT THE GATES and IN FLAMES.
- The DEATH OF ANNA KARINA (IT) // Italian “chaos ‘n roll” band, influenced by bands like REFUSED, REVERSAL OF MAN, JR EWING and ORCHID.
- DEFORMITY (BE) // Yet another legendary H8000 hardcore act resuscitated to perform at this festive edition of Ieperfest. As if CONGRESS wasn’t enough. Mosh hard, or don’t mosh at all! First show in years, wooow!!
- FOR THE GLORY (PT) // We are pleased to welcome our Portuguese friends of FOR THE GLORY on our birthday party as well. Formed 9 years ago, this band has always done stuff DIY and are now one of the biggest hardcore bands southern Europe has to offer!
- SICK OF IT ALL (US) // Oooooow shit. This is finally happening! After 20 years, NYHC legends SICK OF IT ALL are finally playing Ieperfest! Let’s make them feel like never wanting to leave Ieper again!
- A STRENGTH WITHIN (BE) // Hard working Belgian hardcore band formed 3 years ago in Leuven. This band is living proof that you don’t need a fancy booking agent to tour the world. A STRENGHT WITHIN was the first Belgian hardcore band to play shows in South-East-Asia. For fans of NO TURNING BACK, GUNS UP, NO WARNING and TERROR.
- THIS IS HELL (US) // Long Island, New York’s THIS IS HELL will not be going down in history for standing still. Formed in June 2004, they made an immediate impact on the hardcore scene and have since shown no signs of slowing down!
This brings the grand total of announced bands to 41. 23 more to come over the next few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled for upcoming updates!
If you are already convinced by the line-up so far, don’t hesitate to pick up an early bird weekend ticket. These tickets cost €69 and are sold for a limited amount of time only. You can buy these tickets online (www.ieperfest.com) or in your local Free Record Shop. Fnac will be selling these tickets shortly as well.
Furthermore, we have done a few small updates to the website. You’ll now find the most basic information regarding Ieperfest 2012 in the following sections: bands, tickets, MTM, green policy, route and lodging. More updates will follow, of course!