Ok folks, here we are with the long awaited update including the final additions to the Ieperfest 2012 20th anniversary line-up, bringing it to a total of 64 bands. We have some bad news, and a lot of good news. Let’s start with the bad news, shall we?
We regret to announce Canadian punk rockers DOA will no longer be playing Ieperfest this summer, as they decided to cancel their entire European summer tour due to personal reasons.
The good news is, we are able to present no less than 8 new additions: a good mix of legends, new heroes and unknown pearls of underground music. 8 bands that represent an interesting blend of styles and diverse nationalities.
- BRUTALITY WILL PREVAIL (UK) // Down-tempo hardcore from South Wales. The lads played Ieperfest twice in 2010 (winter and summer), and hit the stage for the 3rd time in 2012. On tour with TERROR and NAYSAYER.
- DUKATALON (IR) // Israeli 3-piece sludge metal band that formed in 2007. Signed to Relapse rcs. First Ieperfest appearance.
- HOMER (BE) // Hardcore injected melodic punkrock with heavy breaks, epic choruses and lyrics that deal with both personal and social-critical issues. Presenting their 4th album during their 2nd Ieperfest performance.
- IGNITE (US) // Orange County, California’s most beloved punk rockers liked Ieperfest so much that they are back for a 2nd consecutive appearance. Be prepared for massive sing-a-longs!
- TAKE OFFENSE (US) // Chula Vista, California based hardcore band in the vein of CRO-MAGS, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, etc. Recently toured Europe with TERROR and back on the road in August with AGNOSTIC FRONT and The MONGOLOIDS. Signed to Reaper rcs.
- TRC (UK) // Like KNUCKLEDUST, TRC is a London based hardcore band. They formed back in 2003 and are currently signed to Siege of Amida rcs on which they released a killer album in 2011. Ieperfest first timers.
- TRUTH AND ITS BURDEN (ZA) // Melodic hardcore 4-piece coming over to Europe for the 2nd time. Recently released their 2nd full-length album on Mediaskare rcs. For fans of PARKWAY DRIVE, The GHOST INSIDE, etc. First South African band ever to appear at Ieperfest!
- WHATEVER IT TAKES (BE) // DHM hardcore, featuring (ex-)members of OUTCAST, DIE MY DEMON and The BOSS who will present their brand new full-length during their 1st ever Ieperfest performance. For fans of COLD AS LIFE, FURY OF FIVE, NEXT STEP UP …
Unless there are some cancellations, these will be the last acts we announce for this year’s edition. We are extremely proud and excited about the line-up, and judging by your reactions, we have a feeling most of you are as well! We’ve been selling tickets non-stop so far, so don’t hesitate to pick up yours before it’s too late! Tickets are sold online on our website and Facebook page, as well as in your local Fnac or Free Record Shop!
A basic day schedule will be posted online soon, to help decide which day(s) you want to attend the festival. Great bands on each and every day, you just can’t miss!
We are also glad to inform you about this year’s pre-fest. On the Marquee stage some of Belgium’s most promising acts will be warming you up. More details will follow soon.
That’s it for now. Up next: basic day schedule, updated band pages, MTM info and more updates with interesting information regarding the festival soon though. Keep an eye out!