As you may know, Ieperfest is involved in the DEMO project.
DEMO - Durability and ecology in the Music business and its Organisers.
The project focuses on promoting sustainable development across Belgium and France. The project is run by 11 French and Belgian partners being:
- Dour Festival (in samenwerking met 3D ASBL), Dour, Belgium
- Le Cabaret Vert (georganiseerd door Flap), Charleville-Mézières, France
- Ieperfest, Ieper, Belgium
5 cultural organisations:
- Le Grand Mix, Tourcoing, France
- Les 4Ecluses, Duinkerke, France
- Wilde Westen (FKA De Kreun), Kortrijk, Belgium
- 4AD, Diksmuide, Belgium
- Le centre culturel René Magritte, Lessines, Belgium
3 partners focussing on sustainable development:
- Extracité, Rijsel, France
- IDEA, Bergen, Belgium
- IMOG, Harelbeke, Belgium
Together we set course to offer initiatives, solutions and knowhow to answer ecological, social, economic and cultural questions.
- Ecologically this goes from LED over electrical transport, recycling, biological products, collecting points, solar energy, heating, water handling etc
- Socially we take actions to improve accessibility for disabled people, education of volunteers, people in financial trouble, prevention of hearing damage etc
- Economically we look out to encourage people to behave a responsibly, to share, to buy fair and locally. This involves materials, services, tourism, ecologic toilets, trash cans.
- Culturally we organise workshops and reach out to schools to share skills and knowhow or discuss the possibilities for the future.
INFO: www.demo-europe.eu // www.facebook.com/DEMO20162020 // firstname.lastname@example.org